Research and insight, process analysis, product design
A biomedical manufacture approached us with an ambitious goal, to transform itself from a manufacture of OEM medical devices into creating its own product range which leveraged existing IP and proprietary manufacturing solutions.
Lumeo was asked to develop a product concept that combined innovative methods of manufacture with streamlined operational procedures. An intense research phase and extensive task-mapping established a framework for procedural work-flow and set the groundwork for design, operational and regulatory constraints.
The result of our efforts is a dynamic and modular design, starting at the proximal end with an ergonomic handle meant to reduce hand fatigue during long procedures. Unique guide-wire depth-stop for greater control over tension and slack control. Clear lightweight orbital (end-cap) achieves active bi-directional steering. Integrated slider allows precise micro-movements in locking tip curvature. Progressive visual indicators optically confirm steerable distal tips position (neutral, prone, full articulation). Migrating the ablation trigger on-board emphases direct activation for precise control.
Our collaboration developed a dynamic user interface and improved user experience resulting in a step function increase in functionality and precision. All developments critical in comprehension, engagement, eliminating fatigue and procedural confidence.
1. Unique depth stop for greater control over dilation, tension and slack control.
2. Universal orbital enables bi-directional steering independent of handle position.
3. Integrated deflection slider controls exact tip modulation.
4. Progressive visual indicators enable optical recognition of actuation curve plane.
5. On-board ablation triggering system enhances operational cohesion.